- 6 Best Tie Dye Comforter Ideas For A Colorful Bed  - November 7, 2021
- 8 Best Sage Green Comforter Ideas  - November 5, 2021
- How to Find the Best Waterbed Sheets  - November 5, 2021
Express your inner royal or a free spirit with a comforter in any shade of purple. The combination of this color and these amazingly fluffy and soft blankets will fill your room with an ambiance that will happily welcome you to dreamland. This is the time to make your room look and feel the way it should – happy, celebratory, and inviting.
Now, we just have to find the best purple comforter for you. Quilted Rest is designed just for adventures like this. We have pulled together a lot of research and resources to help everyone everywhere find the best comforters the world offers, and that is what we will do again in this article. Let’s take this journey of joy together and walk through the simple process.
The Features of a Comforter
It is possible to select a comforter simply by looking at it. You don’t have to study the item and figure out if you like the way it feels, how heavy it is, or if the shade of purple is just right in your bedroom, but this would not lead you to find the best purple comforter. So, what we need to do is make a list of the features that should be considered when finding a new comforter. With this list in hand, the shopping process will be painless and simple.
This feature will play a major role in how warm or cool and heavy or light the comforter is. It is also a feature that you should really consider if you have allergies since some types of filling may stir them up. When it comes to filling, you will also need to look at how heavy the filling is since a lot of it will make the comforter warmer.
To help you make an informed decision about comforter filling, let’s look at the most popular options side by side.
Cotton Filling — Choose a cotton filling for breathability and easy maintenance. Its lack of fluffy softness is more than made up for by how durable and reasonably priced it is.
Down Filling —This is the most popular option and can come in goose down or in duck down. They are both excellent options, and each has its pros and cons. Duck down is less expensive, but since it has color to it, it can show through the outer fabric layer; of course, this shouldn’t be a huge problem inside a purple comforter. Goose down is white and will not show through the outer layer of fabric, but it will cost a bit more. As far as insulation and airflow go, they are comparable to one another.
Synthetic Filling — Polyester and other types of synthetic filling are popular and inexpensive options. They are quite soft, inexpensive, washable, and depending on which type you choose, hypoallergenic.
Wool Filling — This is a rare filling since it is mostly marketed towards those who live in extremely cold temperatures. If this is something you are interested in, keep a lookout for one.
Washing blankets is essential so when you begin shopping for a new comforter, make sure you are looking at options that are easy for you to wash. These are big items, and they can be difficult to wash in a machine, let alone by hand. Some types of comforters will require that you send it to a professional dry cleaner, so make sure you are ready to add that expense to your budget if you select this type.
The first thing you should consider when you are looking for a new comforter is what type of material or fabric it is made from. Do you prefer breathable cotton or a fluffy, warm fabric? Make sure you figure out what will be best for sleeping in the climate where you live, and let that lead you to the best purple comforter.
Get the comforter that is sized best for you, but remember, if you want a comforter that fits your bed, you would measure your mattress first. Once you know what the measurements of your bed are, you can select a comforter that is slightly larger. Yes, you will need to upsize this item to ensure that you get the most out of it. Below is a quick reference guide to help you do this.
|Bed Size||Mattress Measurements||Recommended Comforter Size|
|Crib Bed||28” by 52”||28” by 48”|
|Double Bed||54” by 75”||84” by 88”|
|King Size Bed||76” by 80”||102” by 100”|
|Queen Size Bed||60” by 80”||88” by 100”|
These blankets can be heavy depending on their size and the type of filling they have inside them. If you want to use your comforter as sort of a weighted blanket, then look for a comforter that includes plenty of heavy filling. If, however, you are purchasing this just for lightweight warmth, then look for something within a lighter weight range.
Alternative Comforter Ideas
Sometimes you may not find the purple comforter that you want, but fortunately, there is another option. You can get a plain white comforter and put it into a purple duvet of your choosing. This allows you to get the comforter in the weight, size, and material that you prefer while also getting the color you prefer. As an aside, using a duvet makes it a lot easier to wash your comforter.
We’ve covered all the basic features that a comforter possesses, and now it is time to do some shopping. In order to keep this journey uncomplicated, we have pulled together some of the best purple comforters available on the marketplace. Our recommendations have been selected using the following criteria:
- Maintenance – We are going to list comforters that are the easiest to clean, and if they do have a few eccentric cleaning requirements, we will make that clear in the description.
- Price Point – To help you set your budget, we will give a general price range in the description.
- Reviews & Ratings – All our selections will go through the customer review process, and nothing will be recommended that doesn’t have at least a 4-star rating.
The Best Crib Size Purple Comforter: NTBAY Down Alternative Toddler Comforter
This lightweight comforter for kids is so perfect that adults will want one in their size. The outside material is microfiber, and the filling is thermal fiber, so they are completely machine washable, a feature which is a non-negotiable for kids’ items. The pricing will depend on which size you select, but as of now, all options are under $50.00.
- Machine washable
- Reasonably priced
- Made from soft materials
- Some customers have had issues with the seams tearing while being washed
- Some customers have stated that it isn’t a very warm blanket and should be combined with other layers during chilly nights
The Best Down-Filled Purple Comforter: Cosybay Quilted Down Comforter
Down comforters are difficult to find in purple. These are items that typically come in white or another neutral color so that they can be placed in a duvet that will keep them clean and fresh. This is because down can be difficult and even expensive to wash regularly. Since these are difficult to find, we recommend this amazing goose-duck-down comforter and pairing it with an excellent purple duvet.
The price of a down comforter can be expensive since they are typically made from premium materials. This comforter is no exception. You will notice that the price range depends on which size you select.
- Available in twin, full, queen, king, oversized queen, and California King
- Machine washable
- At the time of this article being written, 74% of the customer reviews of this comforter were 5-star
- Some customers have commented that the comforter is noisy and crinkles when you move it
- Some customers have been put off by the fact the filling is 95% feathers and only 5% down
Here are three amazing duvet options to pair with your down comforter:
While this cover isn’t a solid purple, it is certainly purple enough to count. Plus, the added Japanese-style artwork accentuates the beauty of this color and the comfort of these blankets.
This is a delicately made product that customers love. If you love a light purple with a little embellishment, then this option is swoon-worthy.
This handmade item is made for excellence, and the customers agree. It is machine washable, wrinkle-resistant, environmentally friendly, and comes with a 100% Reliable After-sales Guarantee.
The Best King Size Purple Comforter: Utopia Bedding Store Quilted Comforter
Easy on the eyes and on the wallet (cost is approximately $50), this comforter is going to keep you warm and cozy all year round. This comforter is filled with siliconized fiberfill for a soft and comfortable feel. It is also designed to easily slip into a duvet cover to keep it cleaner longer.
- Machine washable (line dry if possible)
- As of the writing of this article, 81% of the over 73,000 customer reviews are 5-star
- Only weighs 5.5 pounds
- Some customers do not like how lightweight this comforter is
The Best Queen Size Purple Comforter: True Things Linen Deep Purple Linen Duvet Cover
This duvet cover is exquisite. And while this is not the entirety of the comforter set, it will get you started. Get this duvet first and then find the comforter insert with the weight, material, and fill that you prefer. You’re going to have an excellent night’s sleep since this linen duvet is lightweight and breathable but can be used at any time of the year.
- Matching pillowcases are available
- Shipping is free
- Returns and exchanges are accepted
- The seller can be contacted directly with questions or comments
- As of the writing of this article, this shop has over 1,000 5-star reviews
- Material is free of harmful chemicals
- Machine washable
- Expensive (cost is approximately $200)
The Best Synthetic Material Filled Purple Comforter: Comfy Bedding Double Needle Comforter
This is a lovely plum-colored comforter that is filled with hypoallergenic and breathable polyester. It is full of regal style that will bring a classy look to your bedroom. The price range will depend on which size you select, but as of the time this article was written, all options are under $100.00.
- Beautiful design
- Also available in lavender
- Available in full, queen, and king sizes
- Machine washable (line dry if possible)
- Some customers have found that the stitching comes out when it is washed
The Best Twin Size Purple Comforter: Andency Stripe Comforter Set
When you can’t decide which shade of purple you want, get this comforter. It is full of long purple stripes in several shades so that you will never tire of your selected color. Not only is this comforter great to look at, but it is also reasonably priced (less than $50.), and it is machine washable. What more do you need?
- Machine washable
- Reasonably priced
- Made with down alternative filling
- Includes one pillowcase
- Perfect for all seasons
- As of the writing of this article, 71% of the customer reviews are 5-star
- Some customers have commented that the comforter is difficult to dry
- Some customers have commented that the outer fabric is not very soft
Answer: If you want to keep your comforter in tiptop order, you should plan to give it some careful attention. Follow these tips to ensure that your comforter will stay comfortable for a long time:
– Avoid laying on top of your comforter since this will flatten the filling
– Don’t wash a comforter that needs sewing repairs; repair then wash
– Line dry your comforter when possible and hang it out in the sun periodically to air out and kill of bacteria
– Never wash a dry clean only comforter in water
– Take time to fluff the comforter so that the filling doesn’t remain flat or unevenly dispersed
– Use a cotton pillowcase for storage rather than anything made from plastic
– Use a duvet cover as much as possible so that the comforter will stay cleaner longer
Answer: Yes, this can happen when a comforter is folded and put away while it is still damp. Prevent mold from growing in your comforter by thoroughly drying it after every wash. The best way to do this is to put it in your machine dryer for a few minutes if the manufacturer says it is drier safe, and then line dry it in a sunny breeze to ensure that it is fully dry.
Another way to prevent mold in a comforter is to store it in a cotton pillowcase rather than in plastic. Make sure you store it in a room that is cool and free of moisture also.
A final thing to remember if you are attempting to prevent mold growth in your comforter is to avoid eating or drinking while using it.
If your comforter does get moldy, you need to assess the damage before working on it. The mold that is on the surface only is treatable, but if it has reached the inside filling, it has ruined the comforter. To clean a comforter with mold, follow these steps:
1. Separate the outer fabric cover from the inside filling so that you don’t get any of it wet and cause more damage.
2. Mix two-part waters with one part of either white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, or bleach (don’t use bleach on a colored comforter).
3. Dab, the moldy area with a cotton ball, dipped in the water mixture.
4. Allow the mixture to rest on the fabric for a few minutes.
5. Wipe the same area with a cotton ball dipped in just water.
6. Repeat these steps as necessary.
Answer: Yes, this can happen when a comforter is washed too often or improperly. Here’s our guide on how to wash a comforter properly. Follow the manufacturer’s directions for how and when to wash your particular comforter, and if in doubt, take it to a professional cleaner.
All Wrapped Up and Ready for Comfort
Don’t let the overwhelming selection of comforters or the meticulous care requirements keep you from owning one of these wonderful items. What a comforter brings to the bed is well worth the search and the occasional cleaning day. Just try it and see. My hope is to one day be able to try the True Things Linen Deep Purple Linen Duvet Cover alongside a warm and well-made down comforter. This item looks so amazing, and I can’t wait to try it.
Once you have found the purple comforter of your dreams, why not let Quilted Rest help you find the bedsheets of your dreams to match. We will share all our research on how to find sheets and what each type of sheet offers. You’ll be happy you let us walk with you on that journey as well. In the meantime, enjoy your cozy comforter.
- How to Find the Best Hemp Sheets
- 11 Black Sheets Ideas For A Minimalist Bedroom
- 6 Best Bamboo Comforter Ideas For A Fresher Bed
- Best Brown Comforter Ideas For A Relaxing Room